Saturday, February 4, 2012

My School To-Do List

Here's a slightly revised version of my own daily to-do list.  My own list is a little more specific (with team names, specific preps, etc.), but it's what I use.  I do not complete list items in a certain order.  Each day I try to prioritize the items based on what's happening in my classroom.

I teach in a middle school, so this may or may not work for other grade levels.  The list below is just an example.  If you're wanting to use your own to-do list, I would suggest creating your own customized list for your specific teaching position.

Daily To-Do List

Before School
  • Check email for emergency messages
  • Update whiteboard
  • Open items on computer needed for first lessons
  • Double-check to make sure all supplies are ready
During School/Plan Period
  • Grade
    • Class 1
    • Class 2
    • Class 3
    • Class 4
    • Class 5
    • Class 6
  • Enter grades into gradebook
  • Email
  • Make copies for tomorrow
  • Planning for
    • Prep 1
    • Prep 2
    • Prep 3
  • Enter homework on homework hotlines
  • Open items on computer needed for afternoon classes
  • Other (to-do list items that come up can be added here)
After School
  • Clear off desk
  • One last email check for emergency messages
  • Gather papers to take home
  • Close windows, turn everything off, close blinds
  • Set out supplies for tomorrow's first class
Weekly Tasks

Monday - Back up computer
Tuesday - Submit newsletter entries
Wednesday - Meet with colleague for planning
Thursday - Update student missing work forms, update my own record of learning targets
Friday - Meet with team

No comments:

Post a Comment